Friday 20 January 2012

I found it...

Before I arrived in Thailand, I had spent hours researching Bangkok, and compiled a list of interesting things to see and do. The most prominent entry on that list has a big fat question mark next to where I normally write the address. I need to find it.

I first hear of the bar whilst browsing through a forum for expats in Thailand. It's a huge bar in Khaosan that plays metal over the weekends. I spent hours patrolling Khaosan, asking around. Noone seems to have heard of it. I find an address for the venue on another forum, but it leads me to an empty road in Lad Prao.

Eventually I come across a map. Now the bar is in Victory Monument. Girlfriend is going out on another clubbing spree, and I have no inclination to join. I go alone.

I spent about an hour walking up and down the road leading to Victory, trying to find soi leading to this elusive house of metal. Soi Boon Chus Ri yu-nai khrap? An old Thai lady lights up - she knows where it is. Thong pai, thong pai. I walk straight ahead, and find the soi. In the distance, I hear faint traces of Black Metal.

I FOUND IT!

No comments:

Post a Comment