Sunday 2 October 2011

The journey begins...

Well, it seems that I'm starting the blog a bit late. I've been toying with the idea for a few months now, and eventually decided tonight to get down and do it.

Let's see where this takes us shall we?

I arrived in Thailand on Saturday 1 October 2011. Suvarnabhumi (pronounced su-waan-na-poom, the name is derived from Sanskrit, and may be rendered into English as "Golden Land".) airport was a breeze. After popping into one of the smoking boxes for a post flight quickie, I got lucky in the queue for Immigration, grabbed my bag, and was out of there in about 20 minutes.

First stop? As you walk into the airport you'll find a number of stalls offering pre-paid simcards for sale.
I had done my research online before the flight, so I walked directly to the 1-2-call AIS store and signed up for a Blackberry package.

The next step was to find the airport link BTS.

And here we go...

No comments:

Post a Comment