Wednesday 3 July 2013

Monopoly

I feel so guilty when I see the link to this blog - it probably feels as lonely as I do these days, and that's my fault. This seems to be one of those projects which I pick up with gusto and abandon with the same amount of enthusiasm. I'm determined to change some things though - and hopefully my inactivity here will be one of those things. I refuse to take responsibility for what I do and do not change in my life in the next few weeks.

There's a quote that struck a chord with me today, and by struck a chord, I mean I spent some time on Google looking for it. I was reading up on madness and writing and how the two have always seemed to be intrinsically linked. Aristotle once said "There is no great genius without a mixture of madness.", and while I don't claim to be a genius per se, I've always been able to treasure my own particular brand genius and of madness. It's becoming harder to do so these days however.

The quote that struck me however is from Miguel De Cervantes. He said "Too much sanity may be madness and the maddest of all, to see life as it is and not as it should be." Lately I seem to find myself preoccupied in the harsh realities of my physical limitations and consequences of mine own design, instead of the fleeting glimpses of a mad future tense where everything would resolve like a good fairy tale should.

In some way I feel like I've gone too far down the rabbit hole, passed sanity without collecting $200 - and here we go again, round the board, landing on properties owned by others, with chance and the community chest as my only saving grace. I'm bound for jail and I know it, but I've been playing this game for far too long and I don't know how to end it. . .

There's no resolution to this yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment