Wednesday 24 July 2013

Looking Back

Phitsanulok truly is a Paradise City. Everything is green and the girl is oh-so-pretty.


In a way my weekend there showed me what life in Thailand could really be like, if you let it. I should have listened to McCartney a long time ago, and just let it be.

For the last two years I put my life on the back-burner looking for something I had found years previously but had somehow allowed to wither away.

Instead of continuing my sordid affair with Krung-Thep looking in vein, for something I already had, in dimly lit sois littered with homeless dogs and dull eyed beat folks who live the same day every day I could have been tuning into the true beat in Siam, getting turned on and dropping off the grid.


If you ever come here, don't sit in in your five star hotel drinking frappes or sipping cocktails on a rooftop bar. It is all a facade meant to cover the real beauty here. There's an energy in Thailand that cannot be captured, cannot be manufactured, and you cannot find it in the comfy recesses of a hammock.

The same thing applies to every country though, every city, every town.

Get out of the hammock and go experience something new.
You never know what you will find there.



No comments:

Post a Comment