Wednesday 14 August 2013

I left Phitsanulok with a heavy heart that Wednesday morning, still wearing her perfume from the tearful goodbye outside Naresuan University. We were both trying not to show it, but it was easy to see that we were both fighting back tears, which was unusual for such a short connection.

I dreamt back to the months before on Facebook and Skype, and realised that this connection was perhaps deeper than I had initially assumed. Over the course of the last few months I had been so caught up in getting to know this girl that I had stopped paying attention to the passage of time.

Over the course of the next 5 hours, instead of catching up on much needed sleep I relived that weekend over and over, and played back the events of the last few months, trying to make sense of what happened.

I arrived back in Rangsit shortly after noon and took a van down to the house. The house was abandoned save for the two cats, which was a welcome surprise. I unpacked my bag and plugged in my laptop and pulled out my notepad and started to write again for the first time in almost a year. I wrote about her.

Saturday's gone, but I know where I'm going next Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment