Sunday 11 August 2013

Blue Monday, Final Tuesday

I awoke on Monday to the smell of fresh coffee and a naked girl. She crept up next to me in bed, and we fell asleep again as our coffee got cold. It was a public holiday, and it was to be our last day together. I bathed in her perfume as I dreamt of all that was and could be.

We stirred around noon, and tried to find a place that was open for lunch. We had no plans for the day, and most places were closed, so we decided to try and find some liquor and spend the rest of the day in the room. We drove to maybe 5 or 6 places trying to find someone willing to sell, but alas - no luck.

I tried my luck one last time at the hotel, and to our surprise the hotel was more than willing to accommodate our sacrilege. We sat on the patio outside the room drinking Leo, smoking and talking and listening. We could talk for hours about nothing, and it was wonderful.

The sun set on Phitsanulok and we realised my time was growing short, so we sullenly set out to get me a ticket back to the concrete jungle of Krung-Thep, even though I no longer had any desire to return. We tried to get a bus ticket in town, but they were sold out. Shit. We tried to get a van, but they were sold out. Shit.

Fuckit, I said. I'll stay another day I thought - my Tuesday class had already been cancelled for some reason or another. I would depart early Wednesday morning. I bought a ticket to Bangkok for 8am Wednesday morning, content in the fact that I had at least one more day here.

She wasn't going to waste this chance, and decided to call in sick on Tuesday.

We would have another full day together... and there was no way it was going to be the last.

No comments:

Post a Comment