Sunday 25 March 2012

To Laos and Back Again Pt. 1

I left Bangkok at 21h30 Wednesday night.

I was seated next to a cute Thai speaking Chinese girl. My Thai isn't good enough for a prolonged conversation and I can barely count in Mandarin anymore, so it was a rather quiet trip.

We arrived in Laos early in the morning and headed straight to the embassy. After some paperwork, we moved on towards the hotel.

After brunch, a shower and a short nap, I joined in a prolonged game of basketball in the heat of Laos. I though at first that the heat would finish me off rather quickly, but I got used to it rather quickly and found it rather enjoyable.

By now it was almost 3pm, so I headed back for another (desperately needed) shower.

A troupe of four was formed, consisting of myself, Chad the American, Mario the Italian, and Manuel the Fillipino.

We piled into the free van from the hotel into downtown Vientiane.

First stop was the midtown market, and we were quite surprised to find that everything was priced at about half of what it would cost in Thailand.

I can only stand so much market trawling though, so I rallied the troops and we decided that now is the time for beerlao, and settled into the first little place sporting the yellow banner indicating the availability of beerlao.

Beerlao is a very light but refreshing lager, brewed from the finest international malts and loas-cally produced rice.

The sun was setting slowly on the four of us, enjoying that fresh beerlao for the first time, and gearing up for a long night in Vientiane.
Sent via BlackBerry® from AIS

No comments:

Post a Comment